Overview of Warrina Innisfail
Warrina Innisfail/Villanova Centre – Monitoring of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Access Restrictions – 26th March 2020
THE FOLLOWING PERSONS MAY NOT ENTER WARRINA/VILLANOVA:
- Anyone who has returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Anyone who has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID.19 in the last 14 days.
- Anyone who has not been vaccinated against influenza (to apply from May 1st 2020)
- General visit from family and friends will be restricted to 30 minutes and only between the hours of 1.00pm to 3.00pm (Monday to Sunday)
- A limit of two visitors per resident at any one time will be strictly enforced.
- All visits must take place in either a resident’s room or outdoors. Use of resident communal areas is not permitted
- Visits by persons under the age of 16 are only permitted entry in exceptional circumstances.
All persons visiting Warrina/Villanova Centre (including family, volunteers, tradespersons, suppliers), must proceed through our formal “check in” procedure including having temperature taken.
I apologise for all inconveniences caused, assure you that we are following best practice in the interest of our residents and staff and thank you for your support.
Sincerely – Peter B Roberts – Chief Executive Officer
Important Information – Influenza Vaccination Information
Despite all the hard work being done to combat this current pandemic, the threat of an upcoming flu season looms as another mammoth challenge.
One of the greatest defences providers such as Warrina Innisfail have against the spread of influenza is vaccinations.
The Government has now enacted legislation that from 1 May 2020 anyone entering a residential aged care facility like Warrina Innisfail will be required to provide appropriate evidence of a current flu vaccination.
The Department of Health has indicated the kind of evidence visitors will need to provide.
Appropriate evidence may be
• a statement or record from a health practitioner, or
• an immunisation history statement available from Medicare Online or
• the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
We know many of you will be arranging your vaccine in the coming weeks.
For convenience you may wish to scan the your documentation and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enable our mandatory Register to be kept up to date we ask, please, for you to provide the above information as soon as it is available to you.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact our office.
A reminder please to share this information with family and friends who may at some time wish to visit.
Last but not least may we once again ask should you become unwell within seven  days of visiting Warrina Innisfail/Villanova to please contact us immediately.
This allows our staff to take appropriate risk action for possible infection whatever it may be.
Sincerely – Peter B Roberts – Chief Executive Officer
Our top priority is to remain safe and be flexible for our residents and staff in these very challenging times.
Warrina Innisfail staff pride ourselves on the care we take of our residents.
We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, and we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone remains cared for and safe at Warrina Innisfail.
We are committed to delivering and maintaining the highest standards of clinical care, cleanliness and hygiene for residents and staff.
Additional preventative measures have been put in place, including reinforcing our strict cleaning protocols and limiting visiting hours as has been recommended by the Government.
We’re ask for your cooperation and understanding in this ever changing environment.
Should you require further information please contact us and please refer to the following websites:-
Warrina Innisfail will ensure information is updated when it comes to hand.
Warrina Innisfail Redevelopment.
Warrina Innisfail redevelopment has commenced. Our successful contractor Paynters invites Subcontractors & Suppliers EOI’s for Warrina Innisfail Nursing Home. Please see below advertisement.
Leaders in the provision of excellent, innovative aged care services
Warrina Innisfail is situated on the tropical Far North of the Queensland coast and is set in beautiful surroundings on the foreshore of the eighteen hectare Warrina Lakes complex which is Innisfail’s main recreation centre.
Warrina Innisfail is a community based organisation with a philosophy of care and support for the frail, aged and disabled.
Warrina Innisfail provides comfortable accommodation with dignity, companionship and care. The organisation is comprised of six distinct facilities:
A 36 bed facility. Accommodation is provided in private rooms which have individual ensuites. Personal care staff are in attendance 24 hours a day.
A 40 bed care facility, opened in 1994. Shared and single accommodation is available with shared ensuite facilities.
Special Care Unit
A state of the art 20 bed dementia specific unit, opened in 2002, with single room and personal ensuites.
Flexi Care Unit
A 32 bed care facility opened in 2004, divided into two discreet sections of 16 residents in each. This allows special care to be provided to 16 ambulant residents with dementia and care to another 16 residents.
Nursing staff provide 24 hour nursing care to the Nursing Home, Special Care and Flexi Care Units.
A 36 bed care facility situated in Charles Street, Innisfail. Accommodation is provided in private rooms which have individual ensuites. Personal care staff are in attendance 24 hours a day.
Lakes Retirement Village
The Lakes Retirement Village is located in Emily Street, Innisfail. It currently consists of 30 independent living units for seniors from the age of 65 years. All units are connected to an emergency response system, which is monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Warrina, leaders in the provision of excellent, innovative aged care services.
To be recognised as the “provider of choice”, delivering excellence in care services for North Queensland that meets and exceeds the needs and expectations of our resdients.
We, the board and staff of Warrina, work towards the achievement of our Mission within the framework of and guided by the following values:
|Integrity||Integrity in the performance of our obligations.|
|Quality||Achievement of quality of service through best practice.|
|Communication||Commitment to consultation and effective communication with our stakeholders.|
|Accountability||Emphasis on transparency, accountability and responsibility in the delivery of our services and in making decisions.|
|Community Service||A focus on community service with benefits for all.|
We will enhance the quality of life to our residents providing them with the best of care, compassion and a pleasant and relaxing living environment.
|Support||To provide assistance to those in need of help.|
|Kindness||To provide an environment that is welcoming with kindness and respect.|
|Environment||Create a comfortable environment in which to live and work.|
We believe that:
- every resident has the right to age with dignity and to live their life to their fullest capabilities.
- Warrina encourages residents to live, as independently and fully as their capacity permits therefore our facilities must provide the necessary supportive infrastructure to enable residents to achieve this.
- each resident will be treated holistically to meet their physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural and social needs. Likes, dislikes and preferences are acknowledged.
- each resident has control of his or her life and is given the dignity and recognition of his or her right to exercise such control by being provided with choices and being consulted in matters and events affecting them personally.
- priority of admission to Warrina is of assessed needs regardless of race, colour, creed or social status.
Warrina strives to maintain a homelike atmosphere.
Getting Started in Aged Care