Overview of Warrina Innisfail
Leaders in the provision of excellent, innovative aged care services
Warrina Innisfail is situated on the tropical Far North of the Queensland coast and is set in beautiful surroundings on the foreshore of the eighteen
hectare Warrina Lakes complex which is Innisfail’s main recreation centre.
Warrina Innisfail is a community based organisation with a philosophy of care and support for the frail, aged and disabled.
Warrina Innisfail provides comfortable accommodation with dignity, companionship and care. The organisation is comprised of six distinct facilities:
A 62 bed facility. Accommodation is provided in private rooms which have individual ensuites. Personal care staff are in attendance 24 hours a day.
A 40 bed care facility, opened in 1994. Shared and single accommodation is available with shared ensuite facilities.
Special Care Unit
A state of the art 20 bed dementia specific unit, opened in 2002, with single room and personal ensuites.
Flexi Care Unit
A 32 bed care facility opened in 2004, divided into two discreet sections of 16 residents in each. This allows special care to be provided to 16 ambulant residents with dementia and care to another 16 residents.
Nursing staff provide 24 hour nursing care to the Nursing Home, Special Care and Flexi Care Units.
A 36 bed care facility situated in Charles Street, Innisfail. Accommodation is provided in private rooms which have individual ensuites. Personal care staff are in attendance 24 hours a day.
Lakes Retirement Village
The Lakes Retirement Village is located in Emily Street, Innisfail. It currently consists of 30 independent living units for seniors from the age of 65 years. All units are connected to an emergency response system, which is monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Warrina, leaders in the provision of excellent, innovative aged care services.
To be recognised as the “provider of choice”, delivering excellence in care services for North Queensland that meets and exceeds the needs and expectations of our residents.
We, the board and staff of Warrina, work towards the achievement of our Mission within the framework of and guided by the following values:
|Integrity||Integrity in the performance of our obligations.|
|Quality||Achievement of quality of service through best practice.|
|Communication||Commitment to consultation and effective communication with our stakeholders.|
|Accountability||Emphasis on transparency, accountability and responsibility in the delivery of our services and in making decisions.|
|Community Service||A focus on community service with benefits for all.|
We will enhance the quality of life to our residents providing them with the best of care, compassion and a pleasant and relaxing living environment.
|Support||To provide assistance to those in need of help.|
|Kindness||To provide an environment that is welcoming with kindness and respect.|
|Environment||Create a comfortable environment in which to live and work.|
We believe that:
- every resident has the right to age with dignity and to live their life to their fullest capabilities.
- Warrina encourages residents to live, as independently and fully as their capacity permits therefore our facilities must provide the necessary supportive infrastructure to enable residents to achieve this.
- each resident will be treated holistically to meet their physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural and social needs. Likes, dislikes and preferences are acknowledged.
- each resident has control of his or her life and is given the dignity and recognition of his or her right to exercise such control by being provided with choices and being consulted in matters and events affecting them personally.
- priority of admission to Warrina is of assessed needs regardless of race, colour, creed or social status.
Warrina strives to maintain a homelike atmosphere.
Getting Started in Aged Care